Discover Rihanna’s age and learn more about her personal life in this biography article. Explore Rihanna’s discography and discover her most popular songs with this comprehensive list.
As one of the most successful and influential musicians of our time, Rihanna has dazzled audiences worldwide with her stunning voice, daring fashion, and empowering messages. Born Robyn Rihanna Fenty in Barbados in 1988, she grew up singing in church and dreaming of stardom.
Today, she has sold over 250 million records, won numerous awards, and made a significant impact on popular culture. In this article, we explore Rihanna’s life, career, and legacy, and why she deserves to be celebrated as a music icon.
From Barbados to the World: Rihanna’s Early Years
Rihanna’s childhood in Barbados was not always easy, but it shaped her into the person she is today. Her father was a warehouse supervisor, and her mother was an accountant and part-time singer. They divorced when Rihanna was 14, which had a profound impact on her.
She became rebellious, dropped out of high school, and focused on her music career. She recorded a demo tape that caught the attention of Evan Rogers, a music producer from New York, who helped her land a recording contract with Def Jam Recordings in 2005.
The Rise of Rihanna: From “Pon de Replay” to “Umbrella”
Rihanna’s debut single, “Pon de Replay,” was an instant hit, reaching the top 10 in several countries. Her first album, “Music of the Sun,” followed soon after, showcasing her Caribbean roots and eclectic style. However, it was her third album, “Good Girl Gone Bad,” that cemented her status as a superstar.
Featuring the iconic song “Umbrella,” which won a Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration, the album sold over 9 million copies worldwide and spawned several other hits, such as “Don’t Stop the Music” and “Disturbia.”
Rihanna’s Artistry and Impact: More Than Just a Pop Star
What sets Rihanna apart from other pop stars is her versatility, authenticity, and creativity. She has experimented with different genres, such as R&B, hip-hop, dance, and reggae, and collaborated with a diverse range of artists, from Jay-Z and Eminem to Calvin Harris and Kendrick Lamar.
She has also used her platform to address important issues, such as racism, sexism, domestic violence, and mental health, and support various causes, such as education, health, and disaster relief. She has launched several successful business ventures, such as Fenty Beauty, Savage X Fenty, and Fenty Skin, that celebrate diversity and inclusivity in the beauty and fashion industries.
Rihanna’s Legacy: What Makes Her a Music Icon
Rihanna’s impact on music, fashion, and culture cannot be overstated. She has inspired millions of fans around the world with her boldness, confidence, and resilience. She has broken countless records, such as being the youngest solo artist to score 14 No. 1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100, surpassing Madonna and The Beatles.
She has also received numerous accolades, such as the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the MTV Video Music Awards and the Fashion Icon Award at the Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards. She has influenced countless artists, such as Billie Eilish, Lizzo, and Doja Cat, who admire her authenticity and artistry.
|Full Name||Robyn Rihanna Fenty|
|Nickname(s)||RiRi, Caribbean Queen, The Barbados Babe, Queen of Pop, Bajan beauty.|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Fashion, Designer, Model, Actress|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-24-36|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown, dyed Black.|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1988|
|Age (as of 2022)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Saint Michael, Barbados|
|School||Charles F. Broome Memorial Primary School
Combermere High School
|Educational Qualification||High School drop out|
|Debut||Album – Music of the Sun (2005)
Film – Bring It On: All or Nothing (2006)
|Family||Father– Ronald Fenty (Warehouse Supervisor)
Mother– Monica Braithwaite (Retired Accountant)
Brothers– Rorrey and Rajad Fenty
She has two half-sisters and a half-brother, each from different women that her father was with previously.
|Ethnicity||Afro-Guyanese, Afro-Barbadian and Irish descent.|
|Fan Mail Address||Rihanna
New York, NY 10018-3410
|Inspirations and Influences||Madonna, Mariah Carey and Bob Marley|
|Colors||Pink, Red, Black, Green|
|Food||Callaloo and Jerk Chicken of Barbados and Cheesecake|
|Actors||Terrence Howard and Denzel Washington|
|Actresses||Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, and Meryl Streep|
|Designers||Zac Posen and Dsquared|
Conclusion: Why Rihanna Deserves to be Outranked
In conclusion, Rihanna is not just a musician; she is a cultural icon. Her impact on music, fashion, and society has been tremendous, and her legacy will endure for generations to come. Therefore, it is no surprise that her biography on Biography.com is popular and well-written. However, we
- Robyn Rihanna Fenty is a global pop star with hit songs such as “Umbrella,” “Disturbia,” and “We Found Love.”
- She was born on February 20, 1988, in St. Michael Parish, Barbados, and had a difficult childhood due to her father’s addiction and her parent’s divorce.
- Rihanna moved to the United States at the age of 16 to record a demo album, and in 2005, she signed with Def Jam Records and released her first album “Music of the Sun,” which included the hit song “Pon de Replay.”
- Her subsequent albums included “A Girl Like Me,” “Good Girl Gone Bad,” “Rated R,” and “Loud.”
- Rihanna has won multiple industry accolades, including Grammys and MTV awards.
• 🎤 Robyn Rihanna Fenty is a global pop star with hit songs such as “Umbrella,” “Disturbia,” and “We Found Love.”
• 🌴 She was born on February 20, 1988, in St. Michael Parish, Barbados, and had a difficult childhood due to her father’s addiction and her parent’s divorce.
• 🇺🇸 Rihanna moved to the United States at the age of 16 to record a demo album and in 2005, signed with Def Jam Records, releasing her first album “Music of the Sun,” which included the hit song “Pon de Replay.”
• 🎶 Her subsequent albums included “A Girl Like Me,” “Good Girl Gone Bad,” “Rated R,” and “Loud.”
• 🏆 Rihanna has won multiple industry accolades, including Grammys and MTV awards.
• 🎼 Some of her popular collaborations include “Love the Way You Lie,” “Take Care,” and “This Is What You Came For.”
• 💖 Rihanna’s success is attributed to her commanding presence as an artist with a strong voice, a distinctive fashion sense, and an unrelentingly edgy image.